If you have been charged with Operating While Intoxicated YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED. It is important that you do not drive or you can receive a Driving While Suspended infraction or even a misdemeanor charge. Call us now, so we can get your driver's license reinstated quickly!
In 2017 Attorney Arlington J. Foley Jr. was rated as a top 10 DUI Attorney in Indiana by the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys.
OWI Class C Misdemeanor:
- Operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% but less than 0.15%.
OWI Class A Misdemeanor:
- Operating a motor vehicle with a BAC of 0.15% or more
OWI Endangering a Person:
- Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and in a way that endangers a person
OWI Level 6 Felony:
- You were convicted of an OWI within the previous 5 years.
- Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with a passenger less than 18 years of age.
OWI Level 5 Felony:
- Previous conviction of OWI resulting in death or serious bodily injury.
You are required to notify your employer within 30 days if:
(1) You receive a traffic violation or
(2) Your license becomes suspended or revoked.
OWI offenses include but are not limited to the following:
(1) Operating with a (BAC) of 0.04% or more.
(2) Refusing to submit to either a blood or breath test.
(3) Operating a commercial motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance.
Below are the penalties for CDL OWI offenses in Indiana:
- First violation: CDL suspension/disqualification for 1 year.
** 3 years if transporting hazardous materials.
- Second violation: Disqualification for life.
** Possible reinstatement in 10 years.
ALL CHARTS AND REFERENCE TABLES ARE NOT TO BE RELIED ON
AND ARE INTENDED FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY (LAST UPDATED ON 12-1-2016).
Copyright Arlington J. Foley Jr. Attorney at Law. All rights reserved.