You are required to notify your employer within 30 days if:
(1) You receive a traffic violation or
(2) Your license becomes suspended or revoked.
OWI offenses include but are not limited to the following:
(1) Operating with a (BAC) of 0.04% or more.
(2) Refusing to submit to either a blood or breath test.
(3) Operating a commercial motor vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance.
Below are the penalties for CDL OWI offenses in Indiana:
- First violation: CDL suspension/disqualification for 1 year.
** 3 years if transporting hazardous materials.
- Second violation: Disqualification for life.
** Possible reinstatement in 10 years.
OWI Class C Misdemeanor:
- Operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08% but less than 0.15%.
OWI Class A Misdemeanor:
- Operating a motor vehicle with a BAC of 0.15% or more
OWI Endangering a Person:
- Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and in a way that endangers a person
OWI Level 6 Felony:
- You were convicted of an OWI within the previous 5 years.
- Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with a passenger less than 18 years of age.
OWI Level 5 Felony:
- Previous conviction of OWI resulting in death or serious bodily injury.
If you have been charged with Operating While Intoxicated YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE WILL BE SUSPENDED. It is important that you do not drive or you can receive a Driving While Suspended infraction or even a misdemeanor charge. Call us now, so we can get your driver's license reinstated quickly!
In 2017 Attorney Arlington J. Foley Jr. was rated as a top 10 DUI Attorney in Indiana by the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys.
ALL CHARTS AND REFERENCE TABLES ARE NOT TO BE RELIED ON
AND ARE INTENDED FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY (LAST UPDATED ON 12-20-2017).
Copyright Arlington J. Foley Jr. Attorney at Law. All rights reserved.